Manual push-up, chain hoist and automatic reset motor operation is available for Guardian™ Fire Doors and can incorporate one of several release device options. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and other model codes recommend frequent drop testing of rolling steel doors to ensure a continuous state of operational readiness. C.H.I. strongly promotes these recommendations with the Guardian's™ advanced design features.
Rolling Fire Doors are available in a variety of gauges, materials and fire-ratings to achieve your project requirements.Fire Rating & Curtain:
3/4, 1-1/2 or 3 Hour Rating:
- 7301: 20 or 22 gauge / Non-Insulated / Flat Slat
- 7366: 22 gauge Stainless Steel/Flat Slat
- 7400: 18, 20 or 22 gauge / Non-Insulated/Curved
- 7401: 18, 20 or 22 gauge / Non-Insulated / Flat Slat
Operation: Manual push-up, chain hoist (standard) or motor operationAvailable Standard Colors:
- Gray, White, or Galvanized for model 7301 (20 gauge), 7400 & 7401 (18 & 20 gauge)
- Gray, White, Tan, Brown, or Galvanized for model 7301, 7400 & 7401 (22 gauge)
- #4 finish for model 7366
Powder coat: 188 RAL powder coat color options*
*not available for model 7366
Half-hexagonal formed hoods deliver superior structural rigidity and aesthetic appeal
Options and accessories available
- Flat Slat (FS) cover 2-1/2” high by ¾” deep
- Curved Slat (CS) cover 2-5/8” high x 7/8” deep
F2.5 Flat Slat Detail
Flat Slat Curtain- Exterior Detail
F2.7 Flat Slat Detail
Models 7301, 7366
C2.6 Curved Slat Detail
Curved Slat Curtain- Exterior Detail
GAUGE & MAXIMUM SIZE:
- 7301: 20 gauge / Flat Slat, 24'0" max std. width / 24" max std. height
- 7301: 22 gauge / Flat Slat, 18'0" max std. width / 24" max std. height
- 7366: 22 gauge Stainless Steel/Flat Slat, 13'4" max std. width / 24" max std. height
- 7400: 18 gauge / Flat Slat, 24'0" max std. width / 24" max std. height
- 7400: 20 gauge / Curved Slat, 18'4" max std. width / 24" max std. height
- 7400: 22 gauge / Curved Slat, 13'4" max std. width / 24" max std. height
- 7401: 18 gauge / Flat Slat, 24'0" max std. width / 24" max std. height
- 7401: 20 gauge / Flat Slat, 18'4" max std. width / 24" max std. height
- 7401: 22 gauge / Flat Slat, 13'4" max std. width / 24" max std. height
Tan (22 gauge only)
Brown (22 gauge only)
Stainless Steel with #4 finish
- Malleable, zinc-placted cast iron endlocks and windlocks maintain curtain alignment and increase windload capacity. Galvanized malleable cast endlocks are fastened to every other slat. Windlocks are added as dictated by door size & windload requirement.
5" x 1-1/8" lites available in a variety of patterns
Guardian™ Fire Doors carry standard listing or oversize U.L. Labels
C.H.I. Listing Label
C.H.I. Oversize Label
- Unique half-hexagonal shape is more rigid and easier to handle and install than more traditional round hoods.
- Fabricated from minimum 24 gauge galvazined steel sheet shaped to fit within the headplates.
- Intermediate hood support(s) furnished as required.
- Available in colors/finishes to match curtain.
- Model 7366: 24 gauge painted steel (standard) or optional 24 gauge #4 stainless steel hood
Available with Chain-hoist (standard), Manual Push-up and Motor Operation
- Gear reduced chain hoist features a centrifugal governor that can be adjusted to control the drop speed of the door.
- This allows door to be closed to the floor evenly and smoothly at a constant speed.
- Available in 1/3 to 5 HP as required; single- or three-phase available
- Refer to the motor operator area chart to select operator type based on dimensions and gauge
- Choose between wall mount or front of headplate mount. Use the charts to determine headroom, sideroom and backroom clearance requirements.
- Spring tension assembly within barrel by precision ball bearings.
- Assembly designed for 20,000 cycle life springs (Standard). Higher cycles optional
- 165-degree fusible links provided as standard detection/release devices
- Fail-safe time delayed releases, smoke detectors and audible and visual warning systems are optional
- Drop speed is controlled by quiet governor - closing speed is between 6” to 24” per second per NFPA 80
Simple Test: Standard feature used for drop testing and resetting of the fire door from the floor without ladders, tools or other equipment.
Auto-Reset Operator automatically resets following a drop test or activation and is operable as soon as the alarm is cleared.
DETECTION & ACTIVATION OPTIONS:
A variety of activiation and detection devices are available to meet the unique needs of your project. Choices include but are not limited to: photoelectric smoke detectors, heat detectors, fail-safe time delayed releases, horn and strobe, and speaker and strobe. Contact factory for additional products.
Specs & Drawings
3 Part Specification CSI (Word)
3 Part Specification CSI (PDF)
Download Spec Data Sheet
BIM Objects for Overhead Coiling CHI 7000 Fire Door Series
Door Overhead Coiling Fire CHI 7300 Series Chain-Hoist
Door Overhead Coiling Fire CHI 7300 Series Manual
Door Overhead Coiling Fire CHI 7300 Series Motor
Header Clearances & Dimensions - Insulated
Motor Operator Area Chart