Manual push-up, chain hoist and automatic reset motor operation is available for Guardian™ Fire Doors and can incorporate one of several release device options. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and other model codes recommend frequent drop testing of rolling steel doors to ensure a continuous state of operational readiness. C.H.I. strongly promotes these recommendations with the Guardian's™ advanced design features.
- Safe, simple, inexpensive, and repeatable drop testing is now made possible in any facility with the flip of a handle
- No ladders, tools, or equipment are required to drop test and reset Guardian™ Simple Test Fire Doors
- Installation time is greatly reduced because there is no complicated release and governor assemblies
- Curtain gauge selection: 22, 20, and 18 gauge galvanized, high tensile steel
- Slat Profiles: Curved, Flat
- Operation: Manual push-up, chain hoist (standard) or motor operation
- Colors: Pre-painted gray, white, tan, and brown or galvanized finish. Powder-coat options available.
- Guides mount to approved masonry, steel, and sheet rock jambs
- Options and accessories available
- Flat Slat (FS) cover 2-1/2” high by ¾” deep
- Curved Slat (CS) cover 2-5/8” high x 7/8” deep
ENDLOCKS & WINDLOCKS:
- Malleable, zinc-placted cast iron endlocks and windlocks maintain curtain alignment and increase windload capacity. Galvanized malleable cast endlocks are fastened to every other slat. Windlocks are added as dictated by door size & windload requirement.
- Windload: To be determined by A.H.J. (Authority Having Jurisdiction). Limited deflection to an amount that prevents curtain from buckling or being blown out of guides.
- 22, 20 or 18 gauge interlocking galvanized steel
- Solid Gray, Gray & White, Tan & White
- Optional: Stock RAL powder-coat option in 188 colors
- Slats are hot-dipped galvanized per ASTM A653 A with baked on epoxy primer and polyester finish coat available
- 5" x 1-1/8"
- Manual Push-up, Chain-hoist (standard)
*Note: Simple test feature not available on manual push-up doors
- Spring tension assembly within barrel by precision ball bearings.
- Assembly designed for 20,000 cycle life springs (Standard). Higher cycles optional
- Rolling Doors are also available with Motor operation.
- Refer to the motor operator area chart to select operator type based on dimensions and gauge
- Choose between wall mount or front of headplate mount. Use the charts to determine headroom, sideroom and backroom clearance requirements.
DocumentsMotor Operator Area Chart
- 165-degree fusible links provided as standard detection/release devices
- Fail-safe time delayed releases, smoke detectors and audible and visual warning systems are optional
- Drop speed is controlled by quiet governor - closing speed is between 6” to 24” per second per NFPA 80