Our doors are constructed utilizing high quality materials and workmanship. To ensure proper operation, the following maintenance should be performed twice a year.
• Lubricate all moving parts and coat torsion springs with regular grade machine oil.
• Check for loose or missing fasteners. See warning concerning spring components under tension.
• Check moving parts for signs of wear. Pay close attention to end bearings, rollers, hinges and lift cables.
• Check track support system for loose parts.
• Check ease of door operation (if electrically operated, disconnect operator first). Note any binding or unusual noises.
• Check for seal of door against jambs, header, and floor.
• Check that all safety warning labels and tags are in place.
Periodic Cleaning: Use a mild detergent to wash your door; do not use abrasive cleansers. Check for scratches that can be reasonably repaired. If bare metal is exposed, treat with zinc-based primer. Avoid excessive touch-up; post-applied painting will not match original factory finish.
Label Maintenance: Product safety labels should be periodically inspected, cleaned or replaced as necessary to maintain good legibility at a safe viewing distance.
For additional maintenance or garage door repairs, contact your local door professional.